Are you concerned about perf because you measured it?  Or because you
suspect it might become a thing later?

Are you really sure that your pods will ALWAYS be on the same host?

Are your pods 1:1 or 1:N relationships?

Could these highly-connected pods just be one bigger pod?

To be sure, there's some overhead in networking containers today, but
you haven't really explained your problem.

On Wed, Nov 8, 2017 at 10:08 AM,  <zoltan.zv...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks Tim,
>
> Do you know of any technique(s) to speed up the network between pods
> (probably co-located onto the same machine)? Shared memory communication
> seems to be a good candidate within pods.
>
> On Wednesday, November 8, 2017 at 6:42:39 PM UTC+1, Tim Hockin wrote:
>> Pods should make very few assumptions about other pods.  Sharing IPC
>> implies a high level of affinity, at which point I would question why
>> they are two different pods in the first place.
>>
>> On Wed, Nov 8, 2017 at 9:22 AM,  <zoltan.zv...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> > Currently it is possible to share (shared memory) IPC namespace within
>> > pods, but not possible to share between pods.
>> >
>> > Is this something that will be supported in the future? Or goes against
>> > the very design of Kubernetes?
>> >
>> > What is the general opinion of the Community on this?
>> >
>> > Thanks,
>> >
>> > --

  • [kubernetes-u... zoltan . zvara
    • Re: [kub... 'Tim Hockin' via Kubernetes user discussion and Q&A
      • Re: ... zoltan . zvara
        • ... 'Matthias Rampke' via Kubernetes user discussion and Q&A
        • ... 'Tim Hockin' via Kubernetes user discussion and Q&A
          • ... zoltan . zvara
            • ... Rodrigo Campos