Avi Kivity wrote:
> For one thing, kvm uses page->private to store its rmap information.
> This is lost if regular mappings are used.
>
> More importantly, both the regular address space and kvm will want to be
> called when a page is paged out, while this is doable, it isn't easy.
Taking the long way to call kvm on pageout seems to be preferable. On
390 we don't need any callback when a page is swapped out. Actually
the pte is invalidated and next time the guest accesses that page we
receive a page fault which causes us to swap it back in. Would you
explain why that callback is needed on x86?

so long,
Carsten