On Sun, 2007-06-17 at 11:10 +0300, Avi Kivity wrote:
> No no no.  The proper fix will have suspend "just working", whether or
> not a virtual machine is running or not.  When you resume, the virtual
> machines continue running as if nothing had happened.

Ahh gotcha. In which case I apologize, I really don't follow kvm
development very closely and didn't know this was even possible or
planned.

> I posted a patchset which does just that, when the F kernel integrates
> it (through inclusion of 2.6.23 or by patching the current kernel),
> Fedora will be able to suspend/resume just fine.

I think the latter is most likely, although if you have a link to the
current patch I can push it in the way of davej and see what he says.

> > Does anybod know why libvirt does not detect my running qemu VM (that
> > uses KVM acceleration)? I get:
> >
> If you start a virtual machine outside libvirt's knowledge, it won't
> pick it up.  You also need to enable the libvirtd service (or however it
> is called).

Ohh, I see. In which case I can ignore libvirt. Thanks!

Richard.