Avi Kivity wrote:
> Aurelien Jarno wrote:
>>
>> It's actually described page 200 of the specifications (page 216 in
>> ACPIspec30.pdf):
>>
>>   Note: This descriptor is meant for describing interrupts that are
>> connected to PIC-compatible
>>   interrupt controllers, which can only be programmed for
>> Active-High-Edge-Triggered or Active-
>>   Low-Level-Triggered interrupts. Any other combination is illegal.
>> The Extended Interrupt
>>   Descriptor can be used to describe other combinations.
>>

>>> Avi, if you think this anlysis is correct I can provide the patch
>>> changing
>>> "Level" to "Edge"...
>>>

>> It looks like the solution is either to describe the IRQ with an
>> "Extended Interrupt Descriptor" or to change this value to one of the
>> two allowed values. In the later case we have to make sure it is
>> consistent with the way the PIC works.
>>

> The attached patch attempts to override the pci irqs (now limited to 5,
> 9, 10, and 11) to be active high level triggered.  Linux boots and
> parses this correctly.  Freebsd still fails.

FreeBSD will fail while ACPI will have Active-High and Level-triggered, except
if you define, as Aurélien said, an "Extended Interrupt Descriptor" in ACPI
table.

BTW, I'm not able to boot Debian Sarge (2.6.8-11-amd64-generic) with your patch
(as before).

Moreover, I don't understand what this patch resolves...

Laurent