Carlo Marcelo Arenas Belon wrote:

>>> ok, but if that is added to kvm's configure then the logic will be inversed
>>> when looking at qemu's configure, probably confusing users.
>>>
>> If audio output is going to sdl anyway, then this has no effect on most
>> users, right?
>>

> it probably wouldn't work out of the box, unless they change
>
> QEMU_AUDIO_DRV=alsa

If alsa support is compiled in, then alsa will be preferred over SDL.
As long as SDL is supported in the build (which is the default), then
you will be able to at least use alsa.  Whatever SDL uses by default
depends on what the configuration is.  IMHO, just relying on SDL to pick
the Right Thing is best because that's a choice that was made by the
distribution so presumably it's whatever works the best on the given system.