On Thu, 2007-11-08 at 09:00 -0700, Alex Williamson wrote:
> Hi Xiantao,
>
>    Perhaps more people would be able to help restructure the tree to
> support more architectures if a snapshot of the kvm/ia64 code was made
> available.  We might want to think about a kvm-ia64-devel mailing list
> too (such as ppc has already).  Thanks,
>
>       Alex

I agree.

My branch of the Gelato Federation (http://www.gelato.unsw.edu.au/)
wants to invest time and effort into IA64 KVM which could mean helping
with a merge, streamlining code, benchmarking, bug hunting or something
else along those lines. We've already got an open source Itanium
virtualization solution called Linux on Linux
(http://www.gelato.unsw.edu.au/IA64wiki/LinuxOnLinux) and we were hoping
to apply what knowledge we gained from that project into something
different. Currently we can't really do anything to help since there is
supposed to be a working port but we can't get to it.

Anyway, I'm currently being payed to improve Itanium virtualization
under Linux, is there anything useful I can do here or should I just
stick with working on LoL? During the last few days I've been attempting
to take out the x86 specific stuff from kvm_main.c but I see that
Xiantao already submitted that change yesterday. Do you Intel guys have
it all under control now?