Am Donnerstag, 31. Juli 2008 schrieb Robin Atwood:
> I guess I am doing something very dumb, but when I try to compile kvm-72 on
> z900 architecture (actually Hercules) I immediately get a compile error:
>
> zgentoo kvm-72 # ./configure --disable-gfx-check --disable-sdl

Your userspace headers dont have all the necessary pieces...
You want to add --with-patched-kernel, that should trigger an headers_sync to
get the header files from the kernel.

Anyway, that wont give you anything useful by now, as we only have kvmlib done
in the userspace. Until we ported the rest of our userspace part over to
kvm-userspace, you can use our prototype code found on

http://www-128.ibm.com/developerworks/linux/linux390/kuli.html

It supports a subset of the qemu syntax, e.g. somethin like
kuli -drive file=disks/root -megs 128 -n tap,ifname=tap0 -smp=2
works.
You might need "tunctl" and "screen" for better results. If you want to stay
at 2.6.26 there are some kernel patches in the kuli package. They add virtio
console support as well as a fix for the z900. 2.6.27-rc1 should work out of
the box.

Christian