Am Freitag, 1. August 2008 schrieb Daniel P. Berrange:
> What are your intentions for this part longer term. Are you planning to
> create a QEMU target for s390 so we can use real QEMU binaries instead
> of emulating a subset of its features. If s390 userspace were QEMU based
> them you'd be able to use libvirt as a management API in same way as
> the other architectures.

Yes, the goal is to move towards qemu. kuli is not intended as a long term
solution. Consider it a proof of concept/testing code to show that the kernel
part is working.

You can also look at our KVM Forum presentation:
http://kvm.qumranet.com/kvmwiki/KvmForum2008?action=AttachFile&do=get&target=kdf2008_17.pdf
The slide "Next step" contains the merge into common kvm userspace.

I dont think we will see a full s390 backend just to make kvm work. We are
considering Anthonys proposal for an kvm backend in qemu instead.

Christian