On Wed, 2008-09-24 at 10:17 -0600, Alex Williamson wrote:
> On Wed, 2008-09-24 at 14:07 +0300, Avi Kivity wrote:
> >
> > The patches all look good, however renaming and reformatting will lead
> > to merge headaches later on.  We haven't been good at working with bochs
> > bios upstream.
> >
> > Can you peek in bochs upstream and see if it's worth merging?  If not,
> > I'll just merge these patches.
>
> I'll take a look.  It seemed like they added support for putting the
> ACPI processor objects in an SSDT last I checked, but the AML for their
> processors is fairly trivial.  I'll see if there's anything else
> worthwhile.  Thanks,

I guess the SSDT support was prior to the last merge, and appropriately
dropped.  The most interesting new feature is a boot menu to allow the
user to override the boot device.  That seems pretty useful.  Other
things like better printing of the devices and support for PIIX4 could
come in handy too.  So yeah, it looks worth merging.  I can drop my
first two patches and rework the others so we don't cause unnecessary
merge problems.

Alex

--
Alex Williamson                             HP Open Source & Linux Org.