Alex Williamson wrote:
I guess the SSDT support was prior to the last merge, and appropriately
dropped.  The most interesting new feature is a boot menu to allow the
user to override the boot device.  That seems pretty useful.  Other
things like better printing of the devices and support for PIIX4 could
come in handy too.  So yeah, it looks worth merging.  I can drop my
first two patches and rework the others so we don't cause unnecessary
merge problems.

I tried to merge it, but it the new bios won't boot. I traced this to ata_reset: it toggles the soft reset bit in the command register and expects to see the busy bit set, but the ide device model returns zero status if the selected device has no drive.

No idea if the device model or the bios is wrong.

If anyone (hi Gleb) wants to take a look, it's in the branch bios-merge on git.kernel.org.

btw, commenting this out leads to boot failure as well, but that may be related.