Tian, Kevin wrote:
> [...]

MSI is always 1st choice. Including taking host MSI for guest IOAPIC situation
because we don't if guest OS has MSI support but we are sure host Linux can.

When MSI is impossible, I recommend we disable device assignment for those
sharing interrupt , or we assign all devices with same interrupt to same guest.
Yes the issue is same in native, but in native the whole OS (kernel) is in same
isolation domain, but now different guest has different isolation domain :(

In one world, MSI is pretty important for direct IO, and SR-IOV is #1 usage in
future. Just advocate more and wish more people can ack the SR-IOV patch from
ZhaoYU so that we can see 2.6,28 work for direct I/O without sacrificing
sharing :)

Eddie