On Tue, Dec 02, 2008 at 02:09:39PM +0200, Avi Kivity wrote:
> xming wrote:
> >The same guest did it again.
> >
> ># uname -a
> >Linux spaceball 2.6.27.6 #1 SMP Fri Nov 14 11:51:10 CET 2008 i686 QEMU
> >Virtual CPU version 0.9.1 AuthenticAMD GNU/Linux
> >
> ># date
> >Thu Dec 19 01:54:27 WET 1912
> >
> ># uptime
> > 01:54:29 up 14666 days, 21:17, 12 users,  load average: 3.99, 3.97, 3.91
> >
> >What can I do to provide more info?
> >

> A way to reproduce would be best.  If you have access to multiple hosts,
> try to isolate whether it happens only on amd or only on intel.
>
> --
> error compiling committee.c: too many arguments to function
>
> --

I have a way to reproduce my instance of the problem easily now.   I was trying
to build a new kernel on my guest,  and found that depmod hangs guests every
time.
   In my case, I only have an amd processor - I don't have an intel
host to try it on, right now,  but it happens on Ubuntu 8.04
and Ubuntu 8.10 guests, both using kvm-79 and the version of kvm that ships
with ubuntu 8.10.