On Wednesday, November 24, 2010 11:23:37 pm Avi Kivity wrote:
[...]
> I think buildbot has a mechanism where you can send it a patch to be
> build-tested.  This allows developers to build-test on architectures
> they don't have.  Can we activate this?

Sure. Just enabled that. Actually it's also available for qemu-kvm.git but
never really got used.

Who should get access to this? I wouldn't make it available for anonymous,
since someone could checkin an "evil"-patch for a makefile, which includes "rm
-rf /this/and/that" and vanish the buildslave.

I'm fine giving (personal) user accounts away for people who just ask for it.
Or do you want to make this only available for a small (trusted) group?

Try-Build would get triggerd with the buildbot command (on developers
workstation) like this:

$ cd kvm.git
... do some changes ...
$ buildbot try --vc git -c pb -m buildbot.b1-systems.de:8033 -b s390 \
  -u $USER --passwd=$PASSWORD

[...]
> > >  configs:
> > >     x86_64: defconfig + KVM=m KVM_INTEL=m KVM_AMD=m
> > >     i386: defconfig + KVM=m KVM_INTEL=m KVM_AMD=m
> >
> > Without virtio? intentionally?
>
> No, that's my old configuration I used for build testing.  While virtio
> isn't part of kvm, and is arch-neutral, it would be good to enable it.

Ok. I see - was just wondering because it was set in your powerpc
configurations but not for others.

> > >  The recipe for a build is:
> > >  - check out the source
> >
> > Any specific branches beside the master branch?
>
> master and next.

done.

On the next kvm.git push the buildbot should trigger a build test for
branches: master and next.

Best Regards,
Daniel

--