On Thursday, November 25, 2010 10:22:56 pm Avi Kivity wrote:
> > I'm fine giving (personal) user accounts away for people who just ask for
> > it. Or do you want to make this only available for a small (trusted)
> > group?
>
> I think you can give accounts to kvm contributors (present in kvm.git
> commit log).  I'll start asking people to build-test and point them at
> you for accounts.  Should be rare though, most commits are x86 specific.

Ok.

> I'll start by asking for an account.

Unfortunately we're running (in meanwhile) an old version of buildbot as
buildbot-master (0.7.8, as shipped by Debian 5). And there seems to be an
issue using a recent buildbot version to trigger a "try"-build (e.g. 0.8.1) .
Everyone would have to downgrade to buildbot (client) 0.7.8, even if their
distro ships a more recent version.

Another (minor) issue with the old buildbot-master is that every time someone
performs a try-build of a patch the buildbot-slaves will vanish the source-
directory on the next testrun. And perform a complete git clone from scratch,
which wastes some minutes of testing time and a lot of traffic. Need to check
more recent version of buildbot, lots of stuff got changed/rewritten when it
comes to VCS handling.

Newer buildbot version also support now "GitPoller" to detect new changes. So
we can avoid the rsync-git.kernel.org-delay issue.

So there are lots of reason to look into new buildbot version, before giving
away try-accounts.

FYI, ppc44x is finally building (uboot-mkimage was missing on the slave).
Continuous Testing for all requested architectures and the master and next
branch should work now. Will add the kvm mailinglist tomorrow to the
notification list for build-failures of kvm.git.

Once I reviewed the newer buildbot version I start providing the try-accounts.

Best Regards,
Daniel

--
Daniel Gollub