Hi,

2011.02.09 17:43, Christian Lohmaier rašė:
On Wed, Feb 9, 2011 at 1:02 PM, Rimas Kudelis<r...@akl.lt>  wrote:
As I understand it, the admin users would not be getting the password prompt
if this option is set to Admin Authorization. Others would be getting it.
IMO, that's a fair enough trade considering that the installer would only
allow to choose the installation disk, and not directory (which means that
/Applications/ in the main disk is the most likely location, and it would
need authorization anyway).
No, OOo/LO can be installed into any directory, there is no artificial
limitation on where to put it. This is a huge benefit.

I'm talking about installers produced by PackageMaker. The only "change location" possibility I found in an installer quickly produced for me by PackageMaker was a possibility to select from:
1) Installing the package to my user only (homedir?)
2) Installing it for all users (root folder, I guess ?)
3) Choosing a target disk (but not the directory!)

And that's the biggest set of target options that I could get. I had to enable all of them separately in the PackageMaker.

[...]
So when you want to test yourself, create a non-administrator user first.
Not necessary. The installer asked me for my password even though I am an
admin. It also asked me to provide my password even when I chose to install
the package into my home directory, how lame is that!
What installer please? There is no package installer that would ask
for a passworf for LO. (and never was). Opening the dmg-bundle and
using drag'n'drop surely doesn't ask when using a target directory
where you have regular write-access.

Well, I made myself a dummy installer that "installed" a single document for me. :)

Rimas