On Fri, Nov 4, 2011 at 16:15, Sveinn í Felli <svei...@nett.is> wrote:
> Not really; Pootle can create a terminology file which you can then edit.
> Terminology is mostly a word-by-word aide to have consistent terms in your
> texts and can be used in Pootle itself (as well as in many offline editors).

Yes, if one uses pootle to translate; which is a perfect place to
quick fix translation bugs.

I prefer poedit for big po file transation.

> Normally I work with several different TM's; one for business texts, another
> for UI-strings and Help, and a specific one for networking jargon. Depends
> on your language and workflow.

That is amazing and I'd want you to share the tools and the workflow of yours.

> You can create those TM's with some of the Translate Toolkit on the CLI
> (e.g. po2tmx); you can also do it with some of the offline-editors which
> either let you add all opened files to the TM or even are capable to parse
> through a folder structure of choice.
> This is where it can be handy to keep archives of older files.

Now I understand why we need (various) "archived" po files at the end
of release cycles.

> <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Translate_Toolkit>
> <http://socialsourcecommons.org/toolbox/show/1107>
> <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Computer-assisted_translation>

Which ones are you using?

--
Best Regards,
Nguyen Hung Vu [aka: NVH] ( in Vietnamese: Nguyễn Vũ Hưng )