Hi :)
I'm not saying to throw anything away.  Well i might be but i don't mean to be
because throwing stuff away is often a really bad move.

Also i think i definitely am misunderstanding something.  That is my fault
because Sophie really has tried to explain it to me several times.  Possibly i
am just not close enough to the work to see the differences between a few
different things.

The in-built help is enormously helpful even if it is out-dated and even wrong
or missing parts.  When we do get around to updating it then we need a good
starting point to work from and that makes it even more useful.  It's very
convenient for users to just be able to click within their program and
instantly get hints&tips relevant to what they are doing.  Even if they have a
good internet connection then it can be faster than a google-search or looking
it up in a book.

If it's not being updated at all then there is no point in re-translating it
for each release.  It's a finished job in most languages already.  Those that
are not finished yet should only need to translate it once.  All completed or
even incomplete translations should (imo) just feed straight into the next
release's version without even having to glance through.

If it is being up-dated but only by geeks (and/or devs) then could we find out
which bits are different and then only translate those bits?

If translators have been updating it themselves (and perhaps de-geeking it)
then could some of their work be translated back into English so that everyone
can have an improved version to work from?  Even bad English might well be a
help.

I definitely agree with NOT throwing it away.  "Release early and release
often" suggests that even fairly bad releases have the advantage of being seen
and hopefully inspiring people to join in with the process of improving it.  If
something is not released or doesn't exist (or been deleted) then how would
people ever know how much work needs to be done or where they could help?! :)
You might find a number of people all start again from scratch and end up
repeating the same work as each other and doing stuff that has already been
done anyway, which all sounds like a tfn to me.  So, definitely keep what we do
have especially the translations (which might well be better than the
original).

Regards from
Tom :)