Rob Weir wrote:
My proposed landing page is here:
http://www.openoffice.org/projects/untranslated.html

The page and the strategy are good. I wonder what the best timing is (I don't have an answer).

Between now and 4.0 (but possibly all within 10 days or so) we will see the following l10n-relevant changes:

1) Strings to be translated: OpenOffice 3.4.1 -> OpenOffice 4.0

2) New Pootle server (which might offer good performance and, after discussion, the possibility to register non-committers accounts)

3) Strings refactoring (40 PO files instead of 240)

4) New internal localization process, i.e., how we integrate PO files. This is less visible for translators, anyway,

Starting the call immediately and then having at least three major workflow changes would be problematic. So what I don't know is the order/timeframe of actions 1-3. Can anyone make an estimate? If it makes sense (i.e., if we have plans for major changes in the very near future) we might want to do one or more of these actions before issuing a large call for volunteers.

Regards,
  Andrea.