> On 23 Jan 2015, at 11:03, Aivaras Stepukonis <astepuko...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> I'd like to share with you a proposal for adding to the website a page
> dedicated to contributors.
>
> For an example, please, see
> "http://www.openoffice.org/lt/participate/contributors";.
>
> The webpage should be accessible from the navigation bar (i.e., Product |
> Download | Support | ... | Contributors).
>
> The webpage is intended for the world at large, not the contributors'
> community (we have directories of volunteers in the Wiki for this). It is
> meant to increase our chances to be seen as contributors and to build social
> bridges to the external world by providing concise information about
> ourselves as volunteers and contributors.
>
> What do you think?
>
> Regards,
> Aivaras

It's an interesting idea but a) I think this post ought to be to the dev@ list
or marketing@; and b) we currently use
http://www.openoffice.org/welcome/credits.html, which is referred to by the
OpenOffice splash screen (I think) and "About" screen and probably elsewhere
(at one point, I think it was listed in the marketing project, download, etc.).
In general, I'm reluctant to add new or change existing pages unless there's a
compelling reason to, as that way bitrot lies. However, we can also add more
pages that refer to those lists.

louis