The reason for the page is to to make contributors more visible to local users for networking opportunities. All this at the local level.

Since joining the community two or so years ago I have been approached as a contributor and a localizer only once. There may be many reasons for this, but one of them is we're (working contributors) are not visible for the general public (non-contributing folks who stop to flip a few pages without delving any deeper).

Please, note I'm suggesting the contributor page to be part of a local subsite (fostering contact sharing within an ethnic and/or linguistic locale). It is not meant to be generic or historical.

If we, physical contributors, cannot be contacted here by the general public it will happen somewhere else. I'd rather see the Lithuanian subsite becoming the hub for all matters (and thus Internet traffic) concerning the Lithuanian version of AOO and not some external site such as "http://openoffice.lt/"; that uses the address and the name of OpenOffice to promote LibreOffice.

How did that come about? Well the enthusiasm of the maintainers of the aforementioned website for one product (AOO) at an earlier time turned into enthusiasm for another product (LO) at a later time. The chances for such vicissitudes of life would have been minimized had it all been happening under "http://www.openoffice.org/lt/";.

I find it rather paradoxical to have a webpage for the contacts of professional (paid?) consultants ("http://www.openoffice.org/bizdev/consultants.html";) and not have an equivalent for volunteering contributors. Don't you?

Regards,
Aivaras