Jeff McAdams wrote:

On other topics, it looks like I'm going to end up being a user of a
Linux l2tp implementation in the near future, so, perhaps the
combination of events will motivate me to update l2tpd with some of the
updates that I know have been floating around the list.

I am using the following patches in my l2tpd RPM:

# Close stdin for daemon mode
http://www.l2tpd.org/patches/close.patch

# Change the paths from /etc/l2tp/ to /etc/l2tpd/ so there is no
# interference with rp-l2tp
http://www.jacco2.dds.nl/networking/patches/l2tpd-cfgpath.patch

# pty patch by Chris Wilson
http://www.jacco2.dds.nl/networking/patches/l2tpd-pty.patch2

# pty patch by Damion de Soto which prevents "Error 737" loopback errors
http://www.jacco2.dds.nl/networking/patches/l2tpd-pty-noecho.patch

# Get rid of /usr/include warnings on Red Hat, plus one other warning
http://www.jacco2.dds.nl/networking/patches/l2tpd-warnings.patch

# Let daemon listen on specific IP address: "listen-addr" parameter
http://www.jacco2.dds.nl/networking/patches/l2tpd-listenaddr.patch

# Workaround for the 'Specify your hostname' problem with the MSL2TP client
http://www.jacco2.dds.nl/networking/patches/l2tpd-MSL2TP-hostname.patch

My l2tpd RPM, incidentally, is at: http://www.jacco2.dds.nl/networking/freeswan-l2tp.html#L2TPconfigLinux It is mainly geared towards use with IPsec (FreeS/WAN).

Jacco
--
Jacco de Leeuw                        mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Zaandam, The Netherlands          http://www.jacco2.dds.nl