From: Jacco de Leeuw
Sent: 14/3/2004 7:31:16 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: newbie : some questions

Dalaly Dallal wrote:

> I am trying to use the l2tp to connect to EOL. They have an l2tp VPN
> server which I use to connect to it in Windows:
> ftp://ftp.europeonline.net/pub/eol/W3/istr/EOLFastSurfGPRSConfigEN.pdf

I had a look at that document. They use L2TP for tunnelling over GPRS
(probably because of NAT). But it is not a VPN server: IPsec is not used.

> I installed the FreeS/wan software in Fedora Core 1 and everything is
> ok but I did not implenet the DNS step yet, but I do not excepet any
> problem.
>
> My question is: can I use the l2tp IPSec in Linux to connect to EOL l2tp
> server?

You do not need IPsec or FreeS/WAN. EOL uses unencrypted L2TP. So you
only need l2tpd or rp-l2tp in "client mode".

Jacco
--
Jacco de Leeuw
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] How to deal with Windows problems:

.
احصل على أول بريد عربي مجاني مع ترجمة فورية من http://www.mail2arabia.com