Cecile gave permission to pass along her information on this - Scott

RE: Guantanamo:

Islamic Law & PoWs: probably the best short account is Mohamed el Zeidy
and Ray Murphy, "Islamic Law  Prisoners of War and its relationship to
International Humanitarian Law," The Italian Yearbook of International
Law, (2004), pp. 53-81. You can get open access online through Google
Scholar. It's a little dry but it gives a pretty comprehensive account,
including a useful summary of the sources and analytical methods of
Islamic Law. The base sources, as ever, are the Qur'an and the sunnah --
the 'clear path' of the practices of the Prophet Mohammed as teacher and
exemplar (hence 'Sunni' Islam). The specific source is siyar, an 8th C
compilation of Muslim international and humanitarian law, which predates
European international law and humanitarian law by 900 & 1000 years; and
generally, with some exceptions, compares favorably with the Geneva
Conventions.

Thought this might interest you in view of your ICH forward.

Cecile

Author of Devil's Tango: How I Learned the Fukushima Step by Step
available from Wingspress.com

"Repeatedly expecting a sane response from those who are insane is an
exercise in madness." - Paraphrasing Einstein

We Americans are locked in an asylum for the criminally insane with the
criminally insane, and they are armed to the hilt. - Charles Sullivan

Let your struggle talk. — Iori Mochizuki, Fukushima Diary