As a teacher, I was on equal pay with the men. I was also not discriminated
against when it came to promotions and responsibilities. I think it's
similar with most professions based on qualifications, experience,
competence and length of service.

We have a minimum wage, which is the same for both men and women, and a lot
of companies just pay that. Where men and women do the same job and don't
get paid the same, the employers usually have a different job title for what
the women are doing even though it's the same job as the men, e.g. male
chefs get paid more than women cooks; male sales consultants get paid more
than women sales assistants.

Jean in Poole

unsubscribe lace-chat [EMAIL PROTECTED]