A few days ago, Tamara shuddered at the thought of all her "funnies" being
archived, and I responded with a report of my own sillinesses being picked up
and re-reported around Australia when I was editor of the local lace
newsletter.

Now, Tamara, I've had a *real* lesson in watching what I say and where!   Last
week when I had a day of disasters, culminating in my chopping the tip of my
finger along with the onions, I phoned the local radio announcer who was
talking about onions.  I told him that I'd tried the suggestion about putting
the onions in the freezer for a few minutes, and that I was able to chop the
onions without any problems.   "However", says I, "I'm still crying!"   Like a
real trooper, he rose to the bait:  "Why are you still crying?"   "Because
*you* made me crave onions in the first place,  I chopped my finger as well as
the onions, and its all your fault"!

He had a good laugh about it, asked what I was cooking for dinner, and
suggested getting hubby to cook because of my sore finger.

I've just been listening to a promo for his show on a radio station which
serves most of this state...and he's put together a few "grabs" of various
conversations about onions as an example of the interesting conversations to be
heard on his show.  And, you've guessed it, the climax is *Me*!  The whole
silly conversation is being repeated on air several times a day.

That'll teach me to keep my mouth shut!
Ruth (Sydney, Australia)

-  New people, new possibilities! Try Yahoo! Personals, FREE for a limited period!
unsubscribe lace-chat [EMAIL PROTECTED]