On Thursday, Jul 31, 2003, at 06:44 US/Eastern, [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Patricia) wrote:

I'm enjoying them all:-

A.E. Marston The Wolves of Savernake [...]

                                           The Owls of Gloucester
The publication date of the last is 2000 and so there may be more.[...]

Domesday Commissioners who inevitably arrive just after the death., If you
enjoy Ellis Peters books you will probably enjoy these.

Thanks for the full list, Patricia. I never "took to" Marsden's Elizabethan theatre series, but loved this one from the start (as much for the handling of the characters of the comissioners as for anything else). Unfortunately, my library doesn't have the later ones -- the Serpents were the last book I was able to get -- and I assumed he stopped writing in that series. Now I can get myself off to the bookstore (after I come back from the Convention) knowing what it is I'm looking for; I'll get to read the books (hopefully; sometimes Brit books have a very long delay before being published in US. OTOH, a series once started usually continues), and the library will get to fill in the gaps :)

-----
Tamara P Duvall
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Lexington, Virginia,  USA