Living on the east coast of Australia, you take it for granted the sun rises over the
ocean and sets over the land.

However, when I lived in Bowen in North Queensland, it was on the edge of a deep bay,
and the the sun rose over land and set over land, with the water laying north/south.
I never got used to it, it always made me stop and think before I figured out
directions.

And now I've lived in a round house for 5 years and I still have trouble figuring out
which is
north,
south, east, and west (except at sunrise and sunset, of course!)

It's strange to hear so many say they have trouble remembering left from right
automatically.
I will still go to clench my right fist when I have to think "right" about something,
even
when setting a right hand tab in a word processor document!

Noelene in Cooma
I enjoyed the satellite TV coverage of the ceremony of the dedication of the new
Australian war
memorial in London, yesterday.  The memorial  looks quite impressive.
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://members.ozemail.com.au/~nlafferty/