There have been a few places where my internal compass does not work well.
One of the places was Columbus, Mississippi, where I attended college, one of
the others is Athens, Georgia, where my daughter went to college.
Could it have been all that thinking going on?;-)

Dianne in Dunlap, Tennessee where I don't seem to have a problem with
directions except when asking how to get some where and the instructions include
'turn right where the gas station used to be'.