Tamara wrote:

<How many *native English speakers* from other
countries (UK, OZ, Canada) also recognised and interpreted correctly
the same truncated version?

> Fr scr nd svn yrs g r frfthrs brght frth t ths ntn...>

As a UK English speaker it took me quite a while to work it out. To start
with, because it means nothing to me, I don't recognise it and couldn't make
a meaningful sentence or statement from it. It isn't a complete sentence
which made it even more difficult. I could only have a go at individual
words and got:

"For soccer and seven your go our firefighters bright forth to those
notion."

I knew 'firefighters' couldn't be right because I'd put extra consonants in,
but then what other word commonly used has those letters? 'Forefathers'
(which I think it must be) doesn't exactly trip of your tongue in daily
conversation, and 'nation' isn't a word that gets used often in the UK
either.

I think I finally got it as "Four score and seven years ago our forefathers
brought forth to this nation ......" what? Could be oranges, bananas,

Jean in Poole