Oh! dear!  Heather....well, she meant it as a compliment....put it down to
*her* age!!!!

I find it funny though - most people don't want to be thought older than their
actual age...but I always objected to being thought *younger*!!!    My two
older brothers always called me "Titch" and patronised me, and I always wanted
to catch up and be as old as them!   However, they're still 4 and 9 years older
than me!!

Then I was very small and skinny when I was a young adult - and was so annoyed
when people thought I was still a teenager when in fact I was in my twenties
and married!!   The crowning indignity was when, with a toddler by the hand and
the newest baby on my hip, I went into the local butcher's shop to be asked:
"what can I do for you, girlie??"

Ruth Budge (Sydney, Australia)
H. Muth" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
At 41, my hair is well beyond 'salt and pepper'.......
even though an 82 year old woman told me just last week that I look 'no more
than 55'!

Heather

http://au.movies.yahoo.com