Mine began to go silver-grey in my late forties - and for a while I had a spot on one side near the top about an inch across that was totally grey, while all the rest was still medium-brown. People would ask me why I didn't dye it, and I'd look them straight in the eyeball and say, "People pay EXTRA for this! Why should I try to get rid of it?" Now I'm all grey - but not that snowy white, it looks more like dew-retted flax, sort of beige-silver. It's down past my waist, a definite no-no to my mother (if you are over 25 your hair ought to be cut shorter or pinned up)... but it's inexpensive and easy to maintain. I trim the split ends out, and occasionally nip a bit off the end by holding the tail over the top of my head till it's in front of my eyes. Alas, it isn't very thick, so braids just don't do well.