Thanks for the information about the family of writers for Nancy Drew, The
Hardy brothers and the Bobsey Twins.  I read the Twins books avidly as a young
child, though not the others.  When I was involved in running a girl Guide
(Scout) Company about twenty years after I read those books I was intrigued to
learn that a pair of sisters in the company each had a boy twin.

As for still reading children's favourites as adults that usually is the sign
of a well written book:  the actual age of the reader doesn't come into it.
I remember an English teacher in secondary school telling a class of teenagers
that good children's books are not limited to a readership of children only.
He was talking about Arthur Ransome at the time but I agree it refers equally
well to the books of L.M. Montgomery.  I have them all *and* videos of the
Anne books and the books of "Tales" which were produced by Canadian TV.  Every
so often I wallow.

patricia in Wales