We have had black squirrels on the southern part of our street for a number of years.
Recently I noticed that they have made it up to our end of the street, probably 1/2
mile as I see them running around our back yard.  I have not started feeding the birds
yet and the only squirrels that have come up on the deck so far are the greyish ones.
Did see a red fox at the southern end of the street the other day.  When I came to the
states 22 years ago I was told there were no foxes.  That was in Pennsylvania.  I have
seen quite a number in this area of Illinois, must be why the local river is the Fox
River. :-)
Janice

Janice Blair
Crystal Lake, 50 miles northwest of Chicago, Illinois, USA