> Personally, I think their time has come to quit altogether.  There will
> always be an oppressive class sytem in Britain while the royals still
exist.

I think the royals in Britain will continue to exist while tourists flock
there to see the pagentry - imagine the UK without their tourist industry!

Elizabeth II is still the queen of Australia (and even if we decide to go
republic some day, she would still be queen of Queensland - they have
their own special act of State parliament to ensure that!).  We had a
referendum just a few years ago to vote on whether we wished to
continue as we were or declare ourselves a republic, and the royalists
won decidedly.

Noelene in Cooma, also a typical Australian supporter of the
status quo.
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://members.ozemail.com.au/~nlafferty/