To: "lace-chat-digest" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Tuesday, February 14, 2006 6:27 PM
Subject: [lace-chat] Soduku

I know we have a number of lacemakers who are into math so I thought I would ask a question about Soduku. My daily paper has been running a series next to the crossword and I have become addicted to solving it before I start my day. My breakfast time is growing longer and longer as the puzzles progress in difficulty. The easy ones were a breeze to solve but now they are more difficult to do. After filling in the obvious spaces with the correct numbers from one to nine, I find that I have many spaces where multiple numbers can be used. Is there another way of looking at the puzzle to fill the blanks or do I just have to guess? If I do get frustrated and decide to guess, you can bet your life that I find that I have the same number already in that line. At that point I give up and decide to get on with my day. Any suggestions on how to approach the difficult puzzles will be gratefully accepted and tried.
 Janice