I know we have a number of lacemakers who are into math so I thought I would
ask a question about Soduku.  My daily paper has been running a series next to
the crossword and I have become addicted to solving it before I start my day.
My breakfast time is growing longer and longer as the puzzles progress in
difficulty.  The easy ones were a breeze to solve but now they are more
difficult to do.  After filling in the obvious spaces with the correct numbers
from one to nine, I find that I have many spaces where multiple numbers can be
used.  Is there another way of looking at the puzzle to fill the blanks or do I
just have to guess?  If I do get frustrated and decide to guess, you can bet
your life that I find that I have the same number already in that line.  At
that point I give up and decide to get on with my day.  Any suggestions on  how
to approach the difficult puzzles will be gratefully accepted and tried.
  Janice

Janice Blair
Crystal Lake, 50 miles northwest of Chicago, Illinois, USA
http://www.lacemakersofillinois.org/