I want to get a DVD made from a Video to send to the UK.

What I need to know is whether a DVD made in Canada work on a computer in the
UK or does it have to be in PAL format?  The difference in cost is quite
considerable ($25.00 for "normal for Canada" or $145.00 for PAL).

The manager at the company insists that "normal" will probably work, but
before we pay out even $25.00 we thought that someone on Arachne would
probably have a lot more knowledge than the person I spoke to.

It will not be played on a DVD/TV system, only on a computer.

Thanks for your input

Malvary in Ottawa (our National Capital), Canada