On Aug 30, 2006, at 13:28, Janice Blair wrote:

When I write to married female friends I never use a title and much prefer just the plain name and I don't care if it upsets anyone,

Send them on; won't upset me at all :)

[...] but my Christmas cards always are addressed to Mr. & Mrs followed by their last name.

That's the Polish custom also, except... *Ladies first*... :) It's, always, "Mrs and Mr X"; never "Mr and Mrs X"... I didn't even realise how equal women were in Poland until I came here :) Of course, the equality was surface-deep.

--
Tamara P Duvall                            http://t-n-lace.net/