> Here in the USA, they are available in all the drug stores.  But this is
just
> a plain, serviceable one and the chain links often get caught on clothing.
> Do you have a "Things Remembered" store or kiosk in your mall?  I got my
> husband a beautiful Sterling 'ID' bracelet with the symbol on it, and they
> engraved the pertinent working on the back.

The problem with that is you, the customer, decides what is to be engraved on
it.  With MedicAlert, their trained physicians know what is most importantant
to be known in an emergency and that is engraved on the back of their
bracelet.  Then, too, MedicAlert has *all* the medical information you have
relayed to them plus a list of your medications.

It is fine for you or your family to know the patient's condition, allergies,
etc, but the patient may not be conscious and the family member immediately
available.  MedicAlert has that information and their toll-free number is on
the reverse of the bracelet as well as the patient's MedicAlert ID.

> You might also try a regular Jewelry Store, I am sure they have access to
the
> same type of item.
 > PS.  I don't know of any 'services' that go with the bracelets, but all
our
> emergency people are trained to look for them and treat accordingly.

Sure, they recognize the caduceus, but they have to find someone to give them
information to treat the patient.   I seriouly doube that Things Remembered or
the jewelry store can help with that.
I urge anyone with a serious medical condition, allergy, or rare blood type to
enroll with MedicAlert, www.medicalert.org

One who states the usual disclaimers except 50 years of nursing experience.

Betty Ann Rice, Registered Nurse, Roanoke, Virginia USA