Oh THANKYOU!!! I have my rhubarb just coming up and my brain goes
towards "what to do with it!!"

Cearbhael

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
On Behalf Of Linda & Bill Mitchell
Sent: Thursday, April 26, 2007 11:09 AM
To: lace-chat@arachne.com
Subject: [lace-chat] Rhubarb cake

Every spring when the rhubarb is plentiful I have to make this easy
cake:

1 1/2 cups brown sugar
1/2 cup butter or margerine
1 egg
1 cup buttermilk or sour milk
2 cups flour
1 teaspoon soda
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 3/4 cups raw rhubarb diced small

Mix ingredients together in the order given, and pour batter into 9" x
12" greased pan.

Topping:

1/3 cup white sugar
1 tsp cinnamon
1 cup coconut
2 tablespoons butter melted
nuts optional

Combine ingredients and sprinkle over batter.  Bake at 325 F for 40
minutes

Even without the topping, it's wonderful.  I put the nuts in the batter.
And it keeps well, too!