On Mon, 3 Dec 2007 21:56:47 -0000, Margery wrote:
>Can I write a cheque (on Barclays Bank) in dollars?
Not unless you have a dollar account with Barclays, you can't do this on an
account in pounds.
>If I write it in GBP,
>won't it cost her a lot in bank charges to get it exchanged?
Probably.

>So what's the best way for me to get money to her, and to get the stuff from
>her to me?
Just occasionally the Amazon gift certificate is a useful international
currency - I have used it a couple of times.
Do you have any means of buying dollar travellers cheques without charges on
any of your bank/building society accounts? If so, buy travellers cheques
for the amount, make them payable to the supplier and send through the post.
The UK Post Office now sell travellers cheques without a fixed charge, but I
don't know how good or bad their exchange rates are.

--
Money can't buy everything. That's what credit cards are for.
Steph Peters  [EMAIL PROTECTED]