In a message dated 10/21/2010 4:29:37 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
tat...@tat-man.net writes:

<<If I had an iPhone or iPod Touch I would LOVE IT!!!!   I would be all over
the place with it.  Couldn't wrench it out of my  hand.  But my pocketbook
at
the moment says NO.  And my   wife is grateful for that. :-D  She would have
a hard time grabbing my  attention LOL!!!>>
She could call you on the phone :-)
Actually, I am a hard wired girl, but among the young these days, they only
 have the Iphone. They do not get a hard wired phone at all. So, people are
 deciding it is the home phone they can do without. Neither my daughter or
her  boyfriend have a hard wired phone in their apartments. Instead they
have their  Iphones with them always. Since I am on a "family plan" with my
daughter, in  which the second phone only costs $10 more a month, the cost is
split over the  two phones. (Although I bear 100% of the cost, because that
is what mom's do.)  The only fly in the ointment is that she has to have an
additional monthly  texting plan. I am not sophisticated enough to understand
why, when you can send  an email on your phone, you also need to text,
unless it is to communicate with  people who don't have email on their phones.
Dare I dream that we could drop  this in the next contract negotiation?
Interestingly, my daughter usually calls me while she is walking from work
to her next destination. The phone allows her to take this otherwise
unproductive time and use it to keep in touch with Mom.
Devon