Hi David:

I think they talk about Shakespeare as having created the humpback, the
withered arm, plus he did a hatchet-job on Richard III's character. I wonder if
 in Shakespeare's day they would have seen the scoliosis (which developed on
during Richard's adolescence) as an outward sign of the evil within -
absolutely tailor-made for emotional drama!

Interesting that the descendent of Richard's family that they found, Michael
Ibsen, was the last in the line. This type of DNA goes from a mother to all of
her children, male and female, but only descends further through the female -
men don't pass it on. Michael Ibsen has a sister but she has no children. So -
one generation more and they wouldn't have had any descendant to compare DNA
with.

Adele
North Vancouver, BC
(west coast of Canada)