Adele,

I think they talk about Shakespeare as having created the humpback, the withered arm, plus he did a hatchet-job on Richard III's character. I wonder if in Shakespeare's day they would have seen the scoliosis (which developed on during Richard's adolescence) as an outward sign of the evil within - absolutely tailor-made for emotional drama!

Yes, and we were reminded on our TV news tonight, that Shakespeare was writing in the time of Elizabeth I, and it was onyl her Grandfather who bumped off Richard III, so he wouldn't want to be writing any "nice" things about him.

Interesting that the descendent of Richard's family that they found, Michael Ibsen, was the last in the line.

As an interesting side line I just went to check him out on Perage.com and there are NO IBSEN/IBSONs there!!! Neither can I find any direct line of females from any of Richard IIIs sisters for more than 3 generations. Might have to look int this further.
David in Ballarat, AUS