I immediately thought of the Josephine Tey book, too.  A great story, - I
must see if the library still has a copy, so I can re read it!

Brother Caedfel stories were Great too.

If the remains ere found near Leicester Cathedral, maybe they own the car
park, so can lay claim to the remains.  I believe an item I heard over here
said it was once a monastery or something like that, so he was buried in
possibly consecrated ground of that time,. This may give the local cathedral
first claim on the remains.

I find it quite amazing though, that they can find and identify these bones,
and even trace a family descendant!

Regards from Liz in hot, sunny, Melbourne, Oz.
lizl...@bigpond.com