There is reciprocity between Canadian and US Postal Services, so you can say 
get a Canadian postal money order in US funds that can be cashed at the US Post 
Office by the recipient, (though I think that the US person must send US funds 
via US money order to the Canadian).

Though I doubt there is the same connection via Royal Mail to US Postal 
Service, it may be worth asking.  Money orders purchased via the Postal Service 
typically have a fee of 1 USD (last I asked) and that is cheaper than most bank 
fees.  The Postal Service will cash them for you too with ID if they have in 
the drawer enough to cover, if it is a large amount.  You can go online and 
google "currency conversion" for the market value of the day and perhaps figure 
the value and then pay additional to her as she must convert the MO to USD, or 
see if Royal will allow you to send USD...

Otherwise, perhaps you can do a trade.  If you have the value, perhaps someone 
wants something in your country, and they can order and ship to you what you 
want in the US, and you do the same for them.  I have done that via 
Scandinavian countries when things there are half price or less than what 
supply and demand asks for the same product in the USA.  I did that once for a 
friend in London, as I wanted a needle size that is hard to find here, and she 
wanted Kool-Aid to try dyeing yarn with her kids, etc. and we figured the 
approximate shipping and each was content!  <smile>

HTH,
Susan Reishus


      
____________________________________________________________________________________
Never miss a thing.  Make Yahoo your home page. 
http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs

To unsubscribe send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] containing the line:
unsubscribe lace-chat [EMAIL PROTECTED] For help, write to
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Reply via email to