I hadn't replied on this because, as Jacquie mentioned I use a split keyboard and love it. I'd love to have a laptop but until they can organize one with a split keyboard I'll have to forego having one.

I recently went to help a friend with his laptop - he had just bought a new one to replace his very old pc. It came with stuff already loaded but not 'opened' and although the instructions said it would take about 30 minutes to set up, I finally left his place 2.5 hours later, with an aching wrist from having to contort it into an outward bend, even though there wasn't much typing to do.

He is still having problems with receiving mail on it and declares that is it slower than molasses and his old pc is quicker (he bought the laptop because the pc was slow).

When I asked him where he bought it, he replied "Walmart"!!!!! He looked at me with a grin and said, "I know what you are going to say", and I did. He now has nowhere to go to get help unless he is willing to pay for it.

So, my advice for anyone thinking of buying a laptop or computer, is to get it from a reputable shop that specializes in computers, get the names of everyone you deal with so you can go back and talk to them when you are having problems. Perhaps a little more expensive to begin with, but miles ahead in savings for help and service afterwards.

Malvary in Ottawa
To unsubscribe send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] containing the line:
unsubscribe lace-chat [EMAIL PROTECTED] For help, write to
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Reply via email to