Hi everyone and Jacqui

I, too, prefer my pc to a laptop for daily use, but I like my laptop too.
When I first got the laptop, I invested in a wireless mouse and a good
carry case. Next up, a pair of headphones, because I liked to watch movies
or listen to music with the laptop (the music if I'm using lace design
software for instance) and the speakers are tinny (and tiny).

I don't like the laptop keyboard for doing a lot of typing. It is fine
for 'mousing' because I can move the mouse on something at a comfortable
position for my wrist, e.g. a pant leg.
Lace design uses the mouse - lots ;)

I haven't had a problem with hitting keys by accident on it, that seems to
happen more with my pc keyboard,and a finger dragging over a key.
I have to watch for that.
Likewise the touchpad, not a problem - prhaps you can configure it to
receive a different touch, worth checking it in control panel.

ANother thing, when I first got the laptop and would connect to the
internet, it was doing a lot of upgrading to software in the back ground,
that I was unaware of. Eventually I figured out why it was so slow, and by
then most of the updgrades had been taken care of - might be why the
laptop from Walmart seems slow (re Malvary's message).


I like the laptop because it is portable, and  I like the pc because it is
not :)

On Thu, 26 Jun 2008 [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

>
> I don't know if it's a fault with my lap top, or if it's where my sleeve or
> whatever brushes the touch pad, but I also find that sometimes the cursor
> shoots of up the page and what I am typing is suddenly buried in the middle of
> earlier sentences.  Does anyone else have this problem?
>

-- 
bye for now
Bev in Shirley BC near Sooke on Vancouver Island, west coast of Canada

To unsubscribe send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] containing the line:
unsubscribe lace-chat [EMAIL PROTECTED] For help, write to
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Reply via email to