----- Original Message ----- From: "Susan Reishus" <[email protected]> To: "Lace Chat" <[email protected]>; "Jean Nathan" <[email protected]>
Sent: Friday, July 31, 2009 6:32 PM
Subject: Re: [lace-chat] Sponge Cake Recipe


Thank you Jean for all the work! I guess I wasn't that far off! <G>The
ingredients sound like pudding mix, but I thought that perhaps there was as
much flour as corn starch in US pudding mix.
Here creme anglaise is is a slightly soured heavy cream, similar to French
cuisine.

Interesting whenever I've had "crème anglaise" in the USA it's been a rather thin English-style custard. You aren't thinking of "crème fraiche" are you? Crème fraiche is a French slightly soured thick cream, which I know that I can buy that in most supermarkets here north of Chicago.

Sue Babbs (an Englishwoman living in America - who has successfully cleared the kitchen of the Bird's custard powdered spill!)
To unsubscribe send email to [email protected] containing the line:
unsubscribe lace-chat [email protected]. For help, write to
[email protected].

Reply via email to