I used to make the Cornish Hens stuffed with, Uncle Ben's long grain & wild
rice with an orange sauce.  I make up all of my own recipes and I have not
made this one in a while, so this is from memory.

Cook the rice.  Add to it sauteed mushrooms, shallots and thyme.  Stuff the
birds with the rice mixture.  Make a sauce using grated orange rind, fresh
orange juice, sherry, salt, pepper and thyme.  Baste the birds with the sauce
before putting in the oven and throughout the cooking.

Enjoy,
Candida Kilroy





-----Original Message-----
From: Susan Reishus <[email protected]>
To: lace-chat <[email protected]>
Sent: Sat, Oct 23, 2010 11:11 am
Subject: [lace-chat] Re: American Meat


On the bird front, does anyone know how to do a superb Cornish Hen (poussin
or
oung hen)?� Though I have mastered duck and goose (and the obvious others),
I
an rarely get a Cornish Hen to incredibly delicious.
Best,
usan Reishus
To unsubscribe send email to [email protected] containing the line:
nsubscribe lace-chat [email protected]. For help, write to
[email protected].

To unsubscribe send email to [email protected] containing the line:
unsubscribe lace-chat [email protected]. For help, write to
[email protected].

Reply via email to